I cant tell you how many times I have heard the words " You are such a Martha Stewart" (haha) I just love crafting, diy, painting, sewing, and home decorating. It gives me great satisfaction to look around my house and say " I MADE THAT!"

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Soft Place to Land

From Becoming martha pictures


   
 I don't know about you but I LOVE pillows! I am not sure you can really ever have too many...

Photobucket

Ok so maybe you can, but they are so pretty! (haha)

  A few weeks ago I was at Hancock's getting something for another project, when I found this amazing bird fabric! It was $24 a yard so I put it back, and walked around a little more. Guess what I found in the $4 remnant pile, 1 yard of my bird fabric! I just love little blessings like that! ;) So I grabbed it (clutching it close to my heart) and ran to find the perfect coordinating fabrics!  Here is what I came up with...

Photobucket

I knew I wanted one ruffled pillow in a fun texture, and the dark khaki material on the left was perfect for that. I loved the texture so much I decided to make curtains out of it also. Next I found this beautiful diamond quilted fabric and immediately pictured a Pottery Barn embroidered euro sham. I brought all my stuff home and laid it out on the bed. I really liked the look of it, so I got to work!

Photobucket


The bird pillow just had to be first! I made sure the male bird was on Greg's side and the female bird on my side ( I thought it was cute that they were facing each other)

Photobucket

I used a solid color blue on the back that has a slight pattern. If I ever get tired of my birds,(like that will happen)I can turn them around.

Photobucket

Next I made the curtain and ruffled pillow. I think they turned out so cute!

Photobucket

I just love the way they hang! :D
(ok so I just noticed how cock eyed my curtain rod is! One more thing to put on my list.LOL)

Photobucket

I cut the quilted material and sent it off to a little shop in Conover, NC to get embroidered. They also did Cole's pillow.

Photobucket

Here they all are finished! I have so many ideas for the room, it is so nice to cross one project off my list.


Photobucket



Photobucket


Thanks for stopping by

Jeni

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous look! The birds are a very hot item in decorating now - congratulations on the find. And thanks for sharing the bit about the monogramming. It looks SO classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was a lot cheaper than I thought $7 a pillow! That puts it at $44 for all 5 pillows and curtain!

    Jeni
    @ Becoming Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your bed looks like it belongs in a hotel! I'm lucky my bed has blankets and sheets on it let alone getting made every once in a while... so pretty and I love the colors!
    PS newest follower here! and I love your blog!
    http://mommamadeit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your projects you linked up so much! I'm a new follower! Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! love the birds on the pillows facing each other, gorgeous fabrics and absolutely love the embroidered one too.

    I'm blog hopping from homemakeronadime, your newest follower :)

    Susan at http://tea-diary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great selection of fabric. Thank you for linking up at http://diyhshp.blogspot.com I can not wait to see more great ideas next Monday.

    ReplyDelete